For New Members
There’s a lot to the UCC comma. For the UCC, the comma is a way to proclaim, “God is still speaking.” The comma invites us to discover the wisdom of our Creator in people, nature, science, music, art, literature (including the Bible), and in so many other ways. It reminds us of our freedom and responsibility to engage religious doctrine with our own experiences, questions, and ideas.
Never place a period where God has placed a comma.
~ Gracie Allen
The New Member “To Do” list
- Join our email listserv (via google groups). Send email with a request to join the listserve to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be a part of the receiving and sharing of happenings that connect with who we are as a church. You will receive notifications about volunteer opportunities, prayer concerns, and information about important issues and events.
- Read the news blog and check out upcoming events on our website.
- Select “About Us” and you’ll find more useful information, including “Church Directory”. The directory is password protected. Contact email@example.com to request access.
- Join a Team that interests you and submit the interest form. What are you passionate about?!
- Get your photo in our Church Directory – Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Like” out our Facebook page: “High Country United Church of Christ”
- Check out a “Sunday School” class at 10:00 or just hang out in the Lobby for conversation.
- Decide what you will give to your church financially.
- Learn more about UCC – www.ucc.org
- Someone you know is looking for a church like this – Invite them!