Swap ’till You Drop
What’s great for your wardrobe, economical and fun? You might say hitting up a fabulous sale, but the answer is actually clothes swapping. A seasoned swapper will tell you, “There is nothing better than getting rid of things you’re no longer wearing, scoring amazing finds, and having a blast with your friends while also helping the planet by keeping unwanted clothes out of landfills – at least for a while.”
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2016
Time: Meet at 12:30 pm
Place: High Country United Church of Christ
Clothing swaps are rapidly gaining in popularity, and for good reason. With disposable income lagging for many people, swaps are an economical way for folks to update their wardrobes without spending money. Plus, being frugal is the new “chic.”
- Homework: Pack up all your unwanted spring and summer clothes (Hint: anything that you did not wear last year, are now the wrong size, never were the right size or just hate!)
- Bring clothes to the church.
- 12:30-1:15–Help put the clothing by their size signs (and preview clothing ;-).
- 1:15-1:20 Count-down to Swap.
- 1:20- 2:30 Swapping Frenzy.
- 3:00-3:30 take back clothes that you decided to keep.
- 3:30 -4:30 pack up clothing left to take to charity.